Saturday, July 21, 2012

Onto Familiar Business

Back home in Florida I enjoy trying foods from different parts of the world. I'm especially fond of Middle-Eastern cuisine - Lebanese at the top so far.


For many years there has been a prominent Lebanese community throughout my hometown: Guayaquil. There are countless restaurants serving "kippes" or "shawarmas" or "hummus". Last night I had the opportunity to dine at a small restaurant in an area called Urdesa.


Here we are eating a chicken shawarma and kippes. The soda "FioraVanti" is very traditional here. One of my favorites for sure:


 


After dinner, my friends took me out to the Hermitage area of Guayaquil for a "welcome back" party for a friend who is studying in Mexico. This is was my opportunity to finally enjoy the night for what it was...not to worry about other dinners and outfits or planning the next day's outings, etc.


Here are a few of us from last night:






For now, I am staying in the concrete jungle that is my home city. Next week I plan to visit nature at its finest. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment