Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Ready, Set...



July 18, 2012

         It’s so hard to internalize the fact that I’m a few hours away from being in the land that saw me birthed to this world – Ecuador. I’m at Miami International Airport with many other travelers, but the reality of my situation is still a bit strange to me.

My trip overall began this morning at 5:30am. I took a shower and prepared to come to Miami by 11:00am. I was met by a good friend who took me to lunch at Flannigan’s. We then went to another friend’s house to share a couple of laughs.

It is currently 4:15pm, and I am at gate H4 waiting for boarding to start at 4:45pm. I will be making a stop in Panama City, Panama, for several hours, and I am super excited to see what the city has to offer.

As of now, here’s a picture of me before arriving to my gate:


I normally travel with a long-sleeve shirt to avoid freezing on the plane, but following my mom’s suggestions I decided to wear a couple layers before putting on a sweater on the plane so I can carry more in my ticketed luggage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment